What is asymmetric communication?
Assertive communication is the ability to express positive and negative ideas and feelings in an open, honest, and direct way. It recognizes our rights while respecting the rights of others. It allows us to take responsibility for ourselves and our actions without judging or blaming other people. And this allows us to stand up constructively and find a mutually satisfactory solution where there is a conflict.
Why use assertive communication?
We all use hard behavior sometimes … very often when we feel vulnerable or insecure about ourselves, we can resort to obedient, manipulative or aggressive behavior.
However, training in assertive communication actually increases the correct use of this type of behavior. This allows us to exchange old patterns of behavior for a more positive approach to life. I have found that changing my response to others (they work colleagues, clients, or even my own family) can be exciting and stimulating.
There are many advantages to assertive communication, especially to those:
- It helps us to feel good about ourselves and others
- It leads to the development of mutual respect with others
- It helps us achieve our goals
- It minimizes the hurt and alienation of others
- It brings anxiety
- It prevents us from taking advantage of others
- to make decisions and free solutions in life
- He allows us to express , both verbally and nonverbally, a wide range of feelings and thoughts, both positive and negative
course, shortcomings …
Disadvantages of assertive communication
Other people may disagree style of communication or not approve of the opinions you express. Also, by behaving healthily for the rights of another person, you will not always get what you want. You may also find yourself wrong about the point of view you have held. But most importantly, as mentioned earlier, it is that the other person may not understand and therefore not accept this way of communication.
What assertive communication is not …
Assertive communication is definitely not a way of life! There is no guarantee that you will get what you want. This is definitely not an acceptable style of communication with all but at least not aggressive.
Four Behavioral Choices
There are, as I see, four choices that you can make of which style of communication you can use. They are:
direct aggression: blasphemous, arrogant, bulldozer, intolerable, miserable and unwavering
Susceptible to remorse, overwhelming, helpless, passive, indecisive, and apologetic  There are six main characteristics of assertive communication. These are:
- eye contact: demonstrates interest, shows sincerity
- body postures: the body language will improve the meaning of the message
- gestures: appropriate gestures modified tone is more convincing and acceptable and not disturbing
- time: use your jurisdiction to maximize engagement and influence
- content: how, when and when you decide to comment is probably more important than what you say
The Importance of "I "
Part of assertiveness includes the ability to express yourself appropriately Depending on your needs and feelings. You can achieve this by saying "I". They point to ownership, do not attribute guilt, focus on behavior, identify the effect of behavior, are direct and honest, and contribute to the growth of your relationship with each other.
- Significant Impact (As a Result of You)  Six Attachment Communication Techniques
assertive techniques – let's look at each of them in turn
1. Behavior of rehearsal: which literally practices how you want to look and sound. This is a very useful technique when you first want to use the "I" statements as it helps to dissipate any emotion associated with an experience and allows you to determine the behavior you want to meet
2. Recurring statement: This technique allows you to feel comfortable by ignoring manual verbal side traps, arguing temptation, and irrelevant logic, while sticking to your goal. To make the most effective use of this technique, use a quiet repetition and tell what you want and stay focused on the issue. You will find that there is no need to rehearse this technique and you do not have to "cunnily" deal with others.
"I would like to show you some of our products"
You really have a great choice to offer you "
" This may be true , but at the moment I do not care "
" Is there anyone else here who would be interested? "
" I do not want any of these products "
" OK, would you take this brochure and think about it? "
" Yes, I will take a brochure " 3. Enchantment: This technique allows you to accept criticism comfortably without being angry or repulsive and without rewarding analytical criticism.To do this, you must acknowledge criticism , to agree that there may be some truth to what they say, but to remain a judge of your choice of action. I am convinced that there are probably times when I do not give you answers to your questions. "4. Negative power: this technique seeks criticism for itself in close relationships, causing expression of honest, negative feelings to improve communication. if you have to listen to critical comments, clarify your understanding of these practices, use the information if it is useful or will ignore the information if it is manipulative. So you think / believe you do not care?
5. Negative assertion: This technique allows you to look more comfortable in negatives in your own behavior or personality without feeling defensive or worrying. hostility. You must accept your mistakes or mistakes, but do not apologize. Instead, hesitantly and sympathetically agree with the hostile criticism of your negative qualities. For example, "Y you are right." I do not always listen carefully , which you have to say. "
6. A working compromise: When you think your self-esteem is not in question, consider a compromise working with the other. Material goals without compromise affect your personal feelings of self-esteem. However, if the ultimate goal involves a question of your self-esteem and self-esteem, it CAN NOT BE COMPROMISE. An example of this technique would be, "I understand that you need to talk and have to finish,
Assertiveness is a useful means of communication, its application is contextual, and it is not appropriate to be confident in all situations, remember that your sudden use of assertiveness can be perceived as an act of aggression
There is also a guarantee of success, even when using asymmetric styles of communication in an appropriate way. "Nothing on the earth can stop the individual with the proper mental attitude from achieving his goal, nothing on earth can help the person with a misconception "WW Ziege