The spring break is just around the corner, and this means that many people may be angry to escape to a new location. This may also mean you're itching to leave Florida and head to a new destination to avoid the madness of the spring break. Renting an apartment outside a home on a website like AirBnB can be a lot of fun and can also open many new horizons – after all you will be able to see what it is like to live really like a local
But what happens when happened a rental property accident? Who are you calling and who is to blame? Although the laws in each country are different, there are some basic things you need to do right away if you are injured on a property that is not yours.
We will also cover what you have to do if you rent your property and somebody gets hurt during your stay in your home.
Before you book a holiday rental, take a closer look at this!
Hiring a stranger
When hiring a stranger, you should be aware that there is always the possibility of someone hurting himself if he stays in this place. If someone who hires you calls you and tells you they are hurt, here are the steps you need to take right away.
- Since you are not in place during an accident, make sure that the injured person immediately visits a reputable physician. Ask to see this report.
- If you have a friend or family member in the area, ask him to visit the property when the incident occurs and ask that person to make as many photos as possible.
- Make sure the injured person files an accident report at the hospital or the police. This way, you can be sure that what happened is accurately documented.
- Go back to the property as soon as possible – and make sure to review your insurance policy. You may also want to look at crime policies that may be part of the service you use.
Following the above steps is important, but there are some things you should not do, including:
- Do not take the word to the person and send or send money to cover the cost of the injuries  Make sure the doctor with whom a person visits is respected – there are many scams!
- Never change the scene of the incident, no matter what. Do not lie or say that you were on the property when you were not. The truth always suits you!
Wounded when someone is at home
So what do you do if you rent a magnificent property and get hurt? Follow these steps:
- Go straight to the hospital to document your injuries.
- Take pictures of the area where you have fallen or injured
- Do not interfere with something at home
- Do not lie about what happened,
The most important something to remember when you hire someone or rent a property somewhere else is to document every detail. Never leave anything undocumented and always tell the truth.